Looking for a model to shoot our collections we had the pleasure of meeting Siobhan Corbin. A Sustainability graduate and model based in Bath. We met at our shop for a trail session and found out all about her passion for sustainable living and a slow approach to life.
1-TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF…
I’m 25 and I’ve lived in Bath for seven years. I grew up in where I call purgatory between Surrey and South London. I am a cat person and I love reading and an early night.
2-HOW DID YOU BECOME INTERESTED IN SUSTAINABILITY?
Geography was one of my favourite subjects throughout my time at school, and I took it at A-Level. It was during my A-Levels I learned of and became passionate about the growing concerns about the climate crisis, and knew I wanted to study something Geography-based when choosing a University.
That’s when I came across the course Global Development & Sustainability at Bath Spa University. I remember being told during an open day “if you study sustainability, the jobs some of you will go on to do, do not exist today,” and that got me excited! It’s fascinating to me how much the world has changed in the seven years since I started that degree, and the four years since I graduated. I'm now studying for a Master’s degree in Sustainable Development in Practice at The University of the West of England (UWE).
- Goldrick for conscious, sustainable, plastic-free and naturally beautiful homewares. www.goldricknaturalliving.com/
- For all refills of household products I go to Bath-based www.restorebath.com
- If I'm looking for home decoration and gift ideas I always find something at www.artisans-and-adventurers.com
-Amy’s garments are all made from antique, reclaimed or deadstock material (v. v. cool!) www.madder-rose.co.uk
- The Ottowin Store in Bristol. You can do a course and make your own sandals. www.theottowin.shop
- SmartSquid aims to have ecological conversations through conscious clothing and is run by a friend of mine Sarina. She prints her garments by hand from her studio in Bath. www.smartsquid.online
4-IF YOU HAD TO PICK JUST ONE THING TO LEAD A MORE CONSCIOUS LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Reduce your meat intake! I'm not saying people have to commit to a completely meat-free life, but if you're concerned about living more consciously the meat industry should be something you look into.
5-WHAT IS FOR YOU AN ETHICAL & SUSTAINABLE CONSUMER?
Simply someone who is able to put thought into what it is they are buying, and trying their best to step away from our cultural norm – which is over consumption.
All styling & photographs courtesy of Siobhan Corbin @_siobhancorbin
Siobhan is wearing our Amber Red Linen Jumpsuit