Looking for some Mother’s day gift inspiration but can’t find anything interesting or unique? Well we thought we put together a small list of mother day gift ideas and products that we think beautiful, well-designed and ethically made.
1. Something personal? - Create a truly personalised gift with one these stylish glass frames by Nkuku. The glass front and back make them not only great for photographs but also a fantastic way to display other precious keepsakes, like postcards, concert tickets and drawings. They look great grouped together in an assortment of sizes and orientations. Each frame is strung with a recycled sari tie.
Buy this Kiko Zinc Frame online from Nkuku here.
2. Something handmade? How about this extra-long bracelet/necklace that can be wrapped around your wrist up to 5 times or alternatively can be worn as a necklace. Made with a rose coloured quartz stone. Handmade by a fair trade group in Nepal.
3. For Mum’s who love to cook? - The Natural Cook puts seasonal fresh, flavoursome, veg-focused food centre-stage. Written by Tom Hunt an award winning eco-chef. YUM.
4. A gift from the British Countryside? - Inspired by the labours of Welsh hill farmers, this hand cream was developed to nourish hard working hands. FARMERS' HAND CREAM is made with lavender oil distilled high in the hills of mid Wales. The scent is earthy with refreshing peppermint and rosemary notes.
Buy the Farmers Hand Cream here
5. Something organic? – Nothing synthetic here. Natalie Bond’s Soaps are handmade in small batches and packed with only natural ingredients that benefit your skin. Lightly scented with refreshing peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil and infused with activated charcoal for drawing out toxins and impurities.
6. A little bit of sunshine? – Yes flowers are a bit of a classic gift but we think a beautiful bunch of fairtrade sunflowers would make a fantastic gift.
Buy them from Interflora here
7. Something they will look great in – Last but definitely not least is our very own hand-woven Scarf. A beautiful mid-weight cotton scarf that can be worn through Spring and Summer.
Buy the Hand woven Concha Scarf here
We hope this is of some use and helps you with any last minute purchases!!