We love simple food with great flavour and this recipe reflects that perfectly. It combines the crunchy textures of the hot roast potatoes with the intense flavour of the Mediterranean inspired pesto and the cool coriander dip.
You can use any pesto you like for this but we used a Moroccan-style red pesto made from sun-dried tomatoes, olives, green jalapeño chilli, lemon juice, capers, and spices. Alternatively you could use a sundried tomato pesto. We just like a bit of chilli in our pesto!
Here’s what you need:
- 6 large potatoes (whole), par-boiled for about 20-25 minutes
- 125 g pesto
- 6 T (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 175 ml plain yoghurt
- half a punnet of fresh coriander leaves (about 15 g)
Putting it together:
- Slice par-boiled potatoes into large wedges.
- Mix pesto and olive oil well, then drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat well. Don’t worry if potatoes break apart a little bit.
- Season coated potatoes well with salt and pepper, then place in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 15-20 minutes, or until browned on the edges. Serve hot with coriander dressing.
- For coriander yoghurt dressing: chop the coriander leaves finely, then mix with the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.